Content creator and writer
We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write and produce various types of content and blog regularly, to expand our organisation’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. We also need you to understand the right types of content to send to the right people at the right time, both for lead nurturing and to boost the sharing and forwarding of our content-driven emails. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. The writer will be expected to sustain and develop our organisation’s voice across all written content.
The content creator and writer will be part of a team of three people and report to the marketing and communications manager.
- Create resources to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and other important metrics (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, templates, impact reports).
- Write on an ongoing basis to support and promote our resources and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Provide feedback to other contributors, and edit other writers’ content.
- Optimise content for search engines and lead generation.
- Conduct analytical projects to improve blog strategies/tactics.
- Grow our subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that aligns with their needs and interests.
- Collaborate with program staff, external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
As part of the wider team:
- Actively participate in team building and team events.
- Pray – privately and within the staff team – for the broader work of Arab World Media.
- Be responsible for and assist with any other activities deemed appropriate and relevant to the role and for the furthering of Arab World Media’s strategic agenda.
- University degree or equivalent working experience.
- Experience building audiences either online or offline.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative, and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organisations’ various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimise/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organisational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Bonus skills include Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce Pardot, videography, and photography.
- Bonus experience includes grant proposal writing.
- A committed Christian in agreement with Arab World Media’s Statement of Faith.
- An interest in world mission.
- A commitment to the vision, aims and ethos of Arab World Media.
- Creative, pro-active, enthusiastic, highly motivated and flexible.
- A strategic mindset.
- A team player.
The content creator and writer role is a full-time position based in Worthing, UK. However, we would consider part-time, flexible hours for the right candidate on a pro-rata basis. The salary is dependent on the individual’s experience within the range £22,000 – £26,000.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]. Apply by 31st May 2019.